Community Cultivator Program
Want to be a part of Coastal Coworking but can’t fund the membership? Apply to become a community cultivator today!
Coastal Coworking is opening up applications in search of a few passionate people who would LOVE to become members of our community!
HOW IT WORKS
- Apply for the program.
- Visit the space and complete an interview to be accepted.
- Join for a training session.
- Work with us to create a schedule. You’ll work about two 4-hour shifts per week.
- Enjoy the full benefits of membership! Meet like-minded people, share workspace, invitations to events, and so much more!
WHAT MAKES COCO AWESOME
It’s the people, of course! But you’re surrounded by people all the time. Here, what matters is the kinds of people you meet and how you get to know them. We’re cultivating a home for independent workers and small teams, start-ups and non-profit organizations.
At Coastal Coworking we plan to host a wide variety of events in the space. Everyone here is working on something unique, something awesome, and/or something of their own creation.
WHY YOU SHOULD DO THIS
- You’re working from home, or a cafe, and you need to get out.
- You could use a better workspace where you can focus and/or create.
- You could use just a little bit more structure and routine in your life.
- You’d love to be around people who inspire you.
- You’d like to be part of an amazing community.
- You’d appreciate having access to work space, blazing fast internet, printing, kickass coffee, and other fabulous amenities.
- You’d like to make connections, meet new people and help us to make a meaningful impact.
WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
You’re going to have a job that’s pretty easy, but incredibly important: you’re going to be the face of Coastal during your shift and make sure things are running smoothly.
It’s a pretty easy operation to manage. Our members are generally self-directed artists and entrepreneurs, so they pretty much take care of themselves. There are, however, always things that require a human to keep an eye on and sometimes take care of. Watering the plants. Introducing new members. Replacing a light bulb. Distributing mail. Small, simple things, but each of them is critical in pruning the garden that lets the members of this community thrive.
You’ll also be giving tours to prospective new members, showing them around the space and getting to know them and their needs better. We’re not looking for hardcore salespeople here; we’re just looking for people who are friendly, genuine and welcoming.
You’ll also be invited to start or participate in any kind of fun, creative community projects we may imagine. Part of the beauty of having a place like this is that we can do (just about) anything we want with it!
Want to run a yoga class? Host an art exhibition? A potluck? A pug-lovers meetup? A late-night coworking jam session? It’s all on the table. Tell us what your dream event would be and we can likely make it happen!
REQUIREMENTS FOR WORKING HERE
- Be genuine. Be yourself.
- Be honest and respectful of others working in the space.
- Believe it’s better to collaborate than to compete.
- This means you can count on Coastal Coworking being a place you love to visit 🙂
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
READY TO APPLY?
Let’s get started! You can begin by applying here.